Current PGA tour

Re: Current PGA tour

Postby k2baloo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:14 am

I think Delaet has also struggled with the chipping yips. Great ball striker though.
k2baloo

Postby Wknhacker » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:21 am

That's right K2. I remembered a time when he kept blading his bunker shots. His short game is pretty ordinary in comparison to most of his peers on the tour.

Such a shame because I consider his iron striking better than any other player I saw that day, Bubba and DJ included.
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby k2baloo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:27 pm

https://youtu.be/GweMaI6bmvI

Found this interesting.
k2baloo

Postby Wknhacker » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:08 am

Here's a slow motion video of Graham Delaet's swing with an iron. Love it how he cuts it left post impact using pivot and torso rotation.

"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Postby Nickj1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 am

Nickj1

Postby lagpressure » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Someone sent me a link to Tiger today...

The first hole is 456 yards. I've played there many times. It was always a long iron approach par 4.

Tiger drove the ball 357 yards leaving an approach of less than 100 yards. He's not even the longest hitter by a mile.
The second hole was just a pitch shot for his second. The hole used to be drive and a mid iron.

So terrible what has happened to this game.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby HelterSkelter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:44 pm

17 fairways for his 4 rounds! = tied 27th (currently)
putting good though!
HelterSkelter

Postby lagpressure » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:57 am

HelterSkelter wrote:17 fairways for his 4 rounds! = tied 27th (currently)
putting good though!

Just shows how little priority there is on driving the ball accurately.
The few events that still have or had narrow fairways, Tiger would most always skip those events.
Not an impressive trait in my opinion.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby nfbandon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:33 pm

Let's give Tiger a bit of time. The fairways there are some of the most narrow on Tour and they had some wind. The general comment about the game is valid. What was remarkable was how well they could flight the ball on their wedge approach shots out of thick rough to precise locations on the hard greens.
nfbandon

Postby lagpressure » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:05 pm

nfbandon wrote:Let's give Tiger a bit of time. The fairways there are some of the most narrow on Tour and they had some wind. The general comment about the game is valid. What was remarkable was how well they could flight the ball on their wedge approach shots out of thick rough to precise locations on the hard greens.

Isn't that 30% of his fairways for the week? Not singling out Tiger, only that those stats came up because, I guess he's Tiger. It could be anyone. I don't even know who won the event. The only news I heard was only about Tiger.

But back to the driving...
Less than one out of three drives, would not just the random law of averages get one on the fairway with about the same percentage? 20 yard wide fairways maybe?

60 yard wide vector dispersing random golf balls out of an oscillating cannon should do about the same?

Really just setting up a golf course in a way that those kind of numbers could find anyone playing on the weekend is just not something I can relate to as a former touring pro. It was just flat out required we all be much better than that off the tee.
lagpressure
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)