Holding Shaft Flex... The Holy Grail of Golf

Re: Holding Shaft Flex... The Holy Grail of Golf

Postby Range Rat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 am

I repositioned to the moving weight. Same as golf swing.

Combining the pivot initially staying on centerline, along with the above quote sounds a little Martin Ayerish to me, ducking and dodging the weights free momentum while staying centered because the only thing that needs to go forward is the ball. Familiar with his ideas?
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Frozen Divots » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 am

Nothing like that. He isn’t on centerline ever. And when you set on centerline and go, you want to keep tailbone on your moving centerline. Provided you set correctly and lead with squeeze, this happens automatically if you keep the pressure. Nothing like Ayers.

Because it stays centered, Torque Error lowers. Therefore speed increases and hand/eye is better. No different than designing a robot to rotate and do what a golfer does. No way in hell I waste time on the fixes to a crane rotation. Damn thing would take 10 times longer to design and be 10 times the cost and have 10 times the maintenance costs.
Frozen Divots

Postby Range Rat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:59 am

Color me dazed, confused, and lost. Will have to see the action live and in progress for me to make further progress in understanding. Anyone on any world-wide tour pivoting in this manner so it can be viewed?

I feel like Hanks when Wilson floated away...
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Mashie72 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm

FD,

Thank you for sharing your video. I think you're onto something. I believe I have the correct sensations of it. Not sure if I ever disengage my upper and lower body at the top of the swing. Feels like I will spin back even if I miss the centerline at the top of the swing.

Appreciate your insights and look forward to more.
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby nfbandon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm

FD the best way to teach is to just show us a dtl and face on swing of the club. Don't need a ball or anything. I will try and get out and do another video based on what you have said. One question...most of the greats lowered in transition...is that move compatible to this pivot action or does it create friction and stop the free wheeling top? My guess is the later.
nfbandon

Postby Frozen Divots » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:06 pm

torque error pic.jpg
torque error pic.jpg (40.11 KiB) Viewed 2147 times

This is the error I talk about. As you rotate, each joint experiences error and the amount of error depends on the stability of the pivot. Unstable pivots need more corrections. Better hand/eye helps...but its easier to do a stable pivot that makes the rest more manageable.
Frozen Divots

Postby HB51 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:47 am

Frozen,
been reading your post and had a question. Trying to understand the pivot centerline tailbone video, and you later mention that it’s OK to do a side band, I’m having a hard time understanding that. I’m not able to see how you keep a straight centerline ( if that means perpendicular with a lateral shift) and side band at the same time, it seems like a side bend would defeat maintaining a centerline.... and create an environment for the crane rotation that you talk about. But I’m sure I’m missing something. Can you explain that a little. Thanks in advance.
Deano
HB51

Postby Frozen Divots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:11 am

HB51,

The side bend won’t impact the tailbone and it’s relationship to your moving centerline, as long as you maintain the pressure. Side bend is a choice, I have nearly none and want level shoulders.

But as long as you squeeze, the tailbone is held, hips rotate and translationally you move forward due to rotation.

Remember that your centerline moves with you. This pivot tightens things on the line the whole way. This is why you can’t early extend or stall. It also has built in parametric acceleration (not real) effect. No need for thrust or lift. The rotation is true and when a human truly rotates you tighten and lengthen late.

There are many things this pivot takes care of. Back pain is another thing. I have played golf with a very bad back (injury notngolf related). I could hardly walk but I could hit a ball.
Frozen Divots

Postby lagpressure » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:49 am

Are you familiar with what Mac O Grady was promoting in the 80's 90's?

Narrow stance, from a DTL view, knees bent a lot, hips pushed forward, torso erect. Torso turns very level both back and through.
Right arm straightens quickly on the downswing to keep the shaft on or under plane. Left knee straightens quickly through impact, hands
in tight to the body like a figure skater going into a spin. Very little or minimal weight transfer. Elbows fold up quickly post impact and
you finish with the shaft through your ears.

Did I just sum up 4000 pages and 386 hours of MORAD lectures in one paragraph! :lol:

No but really, is this anything along the lines of what you are teaching?
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Frozen Divots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:25 am

I am very familiar with MORAD. I would say what I am talking about would have added to and changed it, if I were able to get my point understood. I would love to spend time with Mac O’Grady, especially back in the day, to show him this. This would have helped him. I know what he was trying to do.

One thing that irks me is the Seve/ MAC deal. Mac takes heat for that but Seve wasn’t truly pulling it off. Anyhow...it’s not easy to teach this. And I’m not a golf teacher, really. Not competing with you or anyone. In person I can explain it...online? Not sure about that. That’s your skill.
Frozen Divots

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)