Small World

Re: Small World

Postby Range Rat » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Here's a good look about coming out of P3 for a feel for some. The club is 'skidding' basically wherein the rear end or the car (club head) doesn't overtake the front end of the car (hands)- which would be an over steer of throwing the club head ahead of the hands, or turning too quickly, and would result in the car (club) going backward thru the curve.

You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby BomGolf222 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:31 am

Range Rat wrote:Wow, good to hear from you again Bom and the synchronicity proclaimed by 'The Police' is strong tonight. With the almighty as my witness I was starting to gather some stuff on the racing line tonight for a future post here. There have been some other discussions before, but I revisited the topic first hand yesterday. True story:

I don't doubt you for one second, Double R... Funny enough, Synchronicity is one of the most important albums from my 'youth', believe it or not... So right back at you with it...

Let me take some time to run over your thoughts and get back, I do have a lot of my own on this subject to be honest- fascinating stuff.. I hope I can find the willpower to put them into words..

Good to hear back from you too, Eagle, cheers man... I hope all is well with you these days... B
BomGolf222

Postby eagle » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:52 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-lewis-hamilton/

This segment was in 60 Minutes Sunday night, interviewing Lewis Hamilton, a 3 time world champion Formula One racer.
He discusses how he gets an advantage over the other racers by his technique of taking the turns/corners, going faster, waiting later, etc. Interestingly, it shows how he started as a kid, and spent hours racing go-carts...surely that must have started wiring his brain, where now there are "deep tracks."
eagle

Postby NRG » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:25 pm

Lewis wins from back of the grid

NRG

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Imagine if you could harness that feeling every day...just imagine! :o
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby eagle » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:56 am

more on the fastest way to turn the corner...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-mor ... 84953.html
eagle

Postby lagpressure » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:42 am

eagle wrote:more on the fastest way to turn the corner...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-mor ... 84953.html

Very interesting post.
Is a runner allowed to arc out to the right on the way to 1st base? Obviously they do rounding 2nd and 3rd. I remember playing ball
as a kid being told I had to keep things in as straight a line as possible.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby eagle » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:14 am

getting ready to round the corner..
De Vin slot.tiff
De Vin slot.tiff (32.93 KiB) Viewed 4813 times

Hands/ handle higher than original shaft plan here, but soon to return as left arm slams to his body as he goes left with the handle.
Hogan didn't seem to get this high with his hands, but both guys had GREAT success.
What are the pros and cons of the two options, or the range of options?
eagle

Postby BomGolf222 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:32 am

eagle wrote:getting ready to round the corner..
De Vin slot.tiff

Hands/ handle higher than original shaft plan here, but soon to return as left arm slams to his body as he goes left with the handle.
Hogan didn't seem to get this high with his hands, but both guys had GREAT success.
What are the pros and cons of the two options, or the range of options?

Nice one, Eagle.. I also think another aspect of the hands being 'higher' is that they're also 'further out'. In a circle, in order to go 'forward' you also have to go 'out', and more often than not, the best strikers are in that high and wide position prior to impact, because I don't think you can be forward and be inside with the hands, as inside is also behind. The hands can then hit 'down' on the ball too, as they harness the rotational force of everything else. 'Forward' from their widest point in a circular sense, is then 'inside', which is why the best strikers' hands appear to go 'left' after impact. In reality they start going 'left' prior to impact. Slow hands go out, and appear to be wide after impact, as the club then flips left.. bad news, obviously.

Another aspect is that the club and arms can't occupy the same space, so if the arms are behind, then the club is invariably in front, which is not good, as we all know. Rory is a bit of an anomaly in that regard, as he's very deep with the arms coming down. But I think his upward motion into the strike compensates for that, as well as the fact that he hits up on the ball for the most part. It's not a very teachable swing, I don't think.

It's amazing how basically every time I check in here, you guys are discussing stuff that I'm rattling around my brain at the time..

Cool post previously too about the base running, it's all the same, kinda like the cornering post I made last time I was on here... It is indeed a Small World..

Cheers man.... I hope all is well.
BomGolf222

Postby nfbandon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Great post, and these very things I have been working on to great effect. You are deed on re Rory, which is why he always fights the hook when his timing isn't right. I have had this discussion with Paul C several times. Gotta pull for Bernie tomorrow! :)
nfbandon

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)