Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/advanced/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
Advanced Ball Striking • View topic - Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Re: Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Postby welshdentist » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:53 am

I'd be interested to see your swing aiguille?

How long are you spending doing the drills?

Cheers

Gareth
welshdentist

Postby aiguille » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:07 am

Gareth,

My swing is changing as the work I do in the drills wash through. I found that when I had an enforced layoff because I was travelling a lot a few weeks back, if anything I went backwards a little...its important to keep drilling for me as Lag's technique is so different to what I did before...Thank God!

I drill every day, maybe about 20 mins on module 1 and 2 and 30 mins on module 3. You will already have noticed that the drills are quite an aerobic workout in themselves!

Regards,

Mark
aiguille

Postby Golfur66 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:15 pm

I feel like a leper over here in Australia with you guys over in the UK. :cry:
I couldn't afford the airfare to come over there and have a game with you. :o
I wonder if we could each post our swings for the the other guys to look at. We could all learn from and maybe even help the others.
Golfur66

Postby aiguille » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi Golfur66,

Thats the beauty of the internet...isn't it? We can communicate just as easily?

In some ways it quite nice to think that there are international 'members' scattered all over the globe.

Welshdentist asked about posting swings and I noticed that Cheesedonkey posted some module 3 vids. In principle, I guess it may be a good idea assuming you mean vids of the modules rather than the whole golf swing.

My feeling is that in terms of critiqeing a module, only Lag is able to make a 'professional' comment....but if people felt it might be of help from a kind of collegiate perspective in sharing our experience, I guess that might be useful, lets see what people think.
aiguille

Postby Styles » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:15 am

Aiguille,

what did the pro say to you when you asked to go 6 degrees flat?! I bet he looked something like this:

:o :shock: :?

and after you left

:lol:

until you shoot a new course record when he will be :? :o :D

Where in Ireland do you play?
Styles

Postby Prot » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:25 am

Styles,

Believe it or not I just got that look from my club guy. All I asked for was 3* flat, but he knew me as being a 2* up guy.... They were Mizuno MP62's... he actually held them up to the bending machine and said, "Are you SURE you want to do this?"

Almost implying I was going to damage the club! Make it.. unusable in some way. ;)
Prot

Postby aiguille » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:25 am

Styles and Prot,

The look I got was priceless....one of a mixture of pity, sympathy, incredulity, concern, real concern, should they call the hospital?...the psychiatric hospital? was I well?

Anyway, rather gingerly, he suggested that I only do this to one of the irons which he bent to 5 flat...

When I left I expect the shop pros looked something like this

:D :lol: :D :lol: :oops: :) :x :roll: :ugeek: :geek: :arrow: :mrgreen: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I returned 20 mins later they still looked like that... :lol:

When I said..yes, lets crack on, more funny looks, this time a bit sideways, scared looking, :lol:

Anyway, I then had the best practice session ever and I asked Lag later why all clubs weren't designed like this!! :shock:

I should let you guys know that I am only 5ft 7 in or as my wife says 5ft 6 and a half!
aiguille

Postby aiguille » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:27 pm

To further define my assessment about the new 6 degrees flat irons....

the shafts are heavy s400 and they are nike blade irons, very traditional look and feel, much heavier also than standard clubs.

The sensation when swinging now is one of almost swinging along my belt line, very flat indeed. I thought that this would be difficult and strange but in fact it was easy and natural. It made me realise that actually, I didn't have to make some compensatory last minute changes into impact.

Undoubtedly this is related to my height which is not dissimilar to Hogan's.

Wonder what lies Woosnam used?

Anyway, for anyone thinking about taking the plunge and flattening your lie angles, I would definitely recommend it if you are a similar height.
aiguille

Postby lagpressure » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Swinging flatter must be done in tandem with adjusting the lie angles of your gear.. wedge to driver.
However, not necessarily the SW (the one you hit out of the sand) .. I will explain later..

For pivot driven hitters, we do not rely on maximizing swing radius to earn our velocity nor our acceleration..
Flatter clubs and swing planes naturally engage the pivot, and discourage arm driven golf swings, which just don't work as well.

Flatter swing planes from P3 to P4 put the geometry on our side for accuracy.. because we it becomes increasingly more difficult
to come OTT of too inside out.. OTT becomes more about trajectory and less about starting the ball left.

Taller players can always bend their knees more to lower their center of gravity. George Archer and George Knudson both
applied this technique with great results.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby varsityhacker » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:14 am

I was wondering what some of the lie angle you all are using. I am currently at 2 degree's flat and thinking of going lower :shock: I now have 2 rounds under my belt and like the results so far, should I go flatter. Lag I believe I have read some where that you have your irons bent 5 degree's flat.
varsityhacker

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)