Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/advanced/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
Advanced Ball Striking • View topic - Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Re: Lag, lightbulb moments and videotape

Postby lagpressure » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:43 am

My Irons are set up 6 degrees flat off standard lies.
Driver is 43 1/2 inch persimmon, X Flex tipped almost 2 inches, and sits at 48 degrees which is 7 degrees flat.
I am six feet tall.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Hot Soup » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:52 am

How'd you modify the lies on your persimmons so much?
Hot Soup

Postby lagpressure » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Hot Soup wrote:How'd you modify the lies on your persimmons so much?

Good question..

I pull the shaft.. then fill the hole with epoxy mixed with sawdust.. then once that hardens up.. I re drill the hole
carfully starting with a small precise drill bit, then go up slowly. Of course I re drill the shaft hole much flatter, then
drop in the new shaft.. epoxy it in.. re whip it up.. and go out and play it!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby aiguille » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:13 pm

Haven't posted for a while as I have been snowed under, metaphorically speaking of course, as I sit here in T shirt weather at 11 pm.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the flatter lies are really the way to go if you want to promote a pivot driven rotational swing, certainly it discourages and up and down chopping OTT move.

Was discussing bringing all the first three modules together with Lag and he brought up the idea that Peter Senior loved swinging in long grass as did Wild Bill Melhorn as did Lag.

I had a little practice session in some long grass near me. I must say my little dog looked rather bemused by the end but I think those three guys are onto something....
aiguille

Postby welshdentist » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:49 pm

aiguille wrote:Haven't posted for a while as I have been snowed under, metaphorically speaking of course, as I sit here in T shirt weather at 11 pm.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the flatter lies are really the way to go if you want to promote a pivot driven rotational swing, certainly it discourages and up and down chopping OTT move.

Was discussing bringing all the first three modules together with Lag and he brought up the idea that Peter Senior loved swinging in long grass as did Wild Bill Melhorn as did Lag.

I had a little practice session in some long grass near me. I must say my little dog looked rather bemused by the end but I think those three guys are onto something....

Hitting balls? Or just ending the life of thousands of blades of grass? :evil:
welshdentist

Postby aiguille » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:49 am

Don't worry, Welshdentist, I organically chose a field with tall weeds and deadheads...try it sometime, its a different sensation altogether to doing the three drills, anyone else tried it?
aiguille

Postby lagpressure » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:56 pm

swinging aggressively through long grass is wonderful to do.. really toughens up the hands and gets the pivot working the way it should... I have cleaned out many weed patches in my day!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby aiguille » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:24 am

Pivot driven hitting...

This is an often mentioned phrase in the forum.

Lag explained it a bit further for me and I thought I would pass it on,

pivot stays ahead of the hands the whole way..it's easy to do on the downswing, but not on the post impact[quote][/quote]

Another thing, for some reason, I tried deliberately socketing the ball and found that I struck the ball much more cleanly, don't understand why this should be the case, will wait to see if Lag, Bradley or anyone else has an explanation for this bizarre finding.
aiguille

Postby 1teebox » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:53 am

Hello aiguille,

Thank you for sharing about need and difficulty of fulfilling intent of post impact pivot.

You added that you "...tried deliberately socketing the ball...".

This is my first encounter with the term "socketing". Would you describe socketing?

Thank you.

Best,
1teebox
1teebox

Postby twomasters » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:06 am

not a word you want to hear!!

It's another word for shank! Yikes
he feels like he is leading the shank/hosel into the ball with his hands which probably makes his pivot move faster through the ball to avoid that shank/hosel/socket and is bringing about good results

That keeps in tune with what aguille was mentioning about Lag saying to try and keep the pivot ahead of the club and ball- the leading of the hosel/shank into the ball tricks the body into speeding up and being where he wants it through impact and beyond

Does that sound right? That's what I would think it would do.
twomasters

PreviousNext

Return to Top Threads (2000 Club)