Bradley Hughes Cuts Loose!

Re: Bradley Hughes Cuts Loose!

Postby lagpressure » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:25 pm

Steve P wrote:I would like to see them set up the courses with real rough. I think that alone would make a difference like the Canadian Open did that one year where all the players complained. I don't watch golf much anymore but I do like the majors. We will have to see what happens at Oakmont. I would definitely watch a persimmon pro tour if there were such a thing.
I just think the main reason you get bomb and gouge is theres not enough trouble in play off the tee. When was the last time you saw a PGA pro have to wedge his ball back in play from real rough? Grow real rough and things would be very different imo. Its professional golf so make the penalty greater for an errant drive. The year the Canadian Open did it the guys were wedging out sideways after errant tee balls. I'd like to see a lot more of that for sure. It would make it less of a short game contest and place a greater emphasis on accuracy. It seems like they don't want to do it because they like having -20 scores for marketing purposes. :ugeek:

No doubt that real rough would be great to see, but a true championship test shouldn't have to rely up that to keep scoring in check. Holes like I detailed above is what is really needed. Risk - reward.... angles and emphasis on shot shaping and trajectory is what is really missing to keep the game fully engaging and interesting.

The majors just look like any other tour event to me. The rough might be slightly longer, but nothing a milled face wedge or short iron can't negotiate. Golf 3.0 is the simpleton's version. The dumbed down version that lacks thinking, strategy and articulation. Keep power for the long drive circuit. If they pointed out long drives combined with a putting contest it would be like that winter olympic sport where they ski, then shoot a gun or whatever. Might as well just do away with the iron play. I would predict that the winners of the drive and putt contest would be the same names we see on today's world rankings. Everyone hits 14 measured drives, then putts around the putting green course for 18 holes. The winner? Rory, Jason, Dustin etc... save us the agony of 5 hours of droopy eyed television watching.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Steve P » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:34 pm

lagpressure wrote:
Steve P wrote:I would like to see them set up the courses with real rough. I think that alone would make a difference like the Canadian Open did that one year where all the players complained. I don't watch golf much anymore but I do like the majors. We will have to see what happens at Oakmont. I would definitely watch a persimmon pro tour if there were such a thing.
I just think the main reason you get bomb and gouge is theres not enough trouble in play off the tee. When was the last time you saw a PGA pro have to wedge his ball back in play from real rough? Grow real rough and things would be very different imo. Its professional golf so make the penalty greater for an errant drive. The year the Canadian Open did it the guys were wedging out sideways after errant tee balls. I'd like to see a lot more of that for sure. It would make it less of a short game contest and place a greater emphasis on accuracy. It seems like they don't want to do it because they like having -20 scores for marketing purposes. :ugeek:

No doubt that real rough would be great to see, but a true championship test shouldn't have to rely up that to keep scoring in check. Holes like I detailed above is what is really needed. Risk - reward.... angles and emphasis on shot shaping and trajectory is what is really missing to keep the game fully engaging and interesting.

The majors just look like any other tour event to me. The rough might be slightly longer, but nothing a milled face wedge or short iron can't negotiate. Golf 3.0 is the simpleton's version. The dumbed down version that lacks thinking, strategy and articulation. Keep power for the long drive circuit. If they pointed out long drives combined with a putting contest it would be like that winter olympic sport where they ski, then shoot a gun or whatever. Might as well just do away with the iron play. I would predict that the winners of the drive and putt contest would be the same names we see on today's world rankings. Everyone hits 14 measured drives, then putts around the putting green course for 18 holes. The winner? Rory, Jason, Dustin etc... save us the agony of 5 hours of droopy eyed television watching.

That's a negative viewpoint. Its still golf. Anything can happen and that's the fun of watching the majors the pressure is easily 5-6 times what it ever was before with all the media. If you didn't watch major golf you would not have seen Tom Watson at the Open with a brilliant display. I cried when he missed that final putt.
Striped the approach and got a hard bounce and the greatest achievement in sports history sadly slipped through his fingers. His performance there was riveting.
Steve P

Postby lagpressure » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Of course it's a negative viewpoint :lol:

I won't confuse entertainment or the thrill of competition with what was once... I believe the greatest game ever invented. Golf 2.0.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Steve P » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Well for me tennis in this era is unwatchable. I guess I could see how some view golf as I view tennis. It's just not what we grew up playing.
Steve P

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Bradley--What do you think of this swing? Do you know of her? Great action...

Paul C

Postby k2baloo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:49 pm

one.PNG
one.PNG (61.72 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
three.PNG
three.PNG (59.05 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
four.PNG
four.PNG (55.91 KiB) Viewed 2390 times
five.PNG
five.PNG (69.07 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
k2baloo

Postby Steve P » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:03 pm

The Open this year was good because of the Gorse and the bunkers. Like I said grow some real rough if you want to see real golf.
Steve P

Postby Range Rat » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Been enjoying my Jackie Burke blades I picked up this summer, 2 thru 9iron, great condition, leather wraps, intact ferrules, no dings, no rust.... just a great club. Stuffed them into a leather Burton bag and I am good to go. I put a little Rawlings glove oil on them after cleaning, and superb tack in all conditions. Great if you don't like golf gloves.

Shoulder turn, especially getting the trail side shoulder to move through level is a great pursuit giving solid results. This picture of Bradley kind of spells what I feel when pivoting and the right arm is pinned hard 'cuz the shoulder leads. I'm not sure what Bradley might sense from his visual perspective in terms of what's leading- maybe the club head is actually a small touch in front of the trail shoulder from an aerial view in a measurable sense- but due to the fact the shoulder is so far in front of the club within the rotational process at that moment ( being more left than the club ) kinesthetically I sense a massive feel of a lagging club head being weighted down by the trail shoulder- keeping it level through the hit. Like this:
Hughes.jpg
Hughes.jpg (20.83 KiB) Viewed 1636 times

:)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Cutting loose moments from Two...

Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:15 am

Bradley has real sweet videos on his Instagram, lots of cheesy nuggets. Here's a good one basically about being ball bound, but with an additional, not so easily recognized or appreciated, feature about mass under momentum.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYYXiyIHZ7g/?taken-by=bhughesgolf
Range Rat

PreviousNext

Return to Bradley Hughes Cuts Loose