The Masters

Re: The Masters

Postby k2baloo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Only saw the last two hours, but I thought Garcia played really well. He hit it close on 14, 15, 16, and 18 (twice).
I started watching when he was on 13 and saved par after a terrible drive.
k2baloo

Postby nfbandon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:38 am

Yes the par on 13 was the turning point. It was great to see him win despite his putting demons. The strokes on 16 and 17 were terrible, and I know exactly how he felt having dealt with putting issues myself. But he keep knocking the flag down, and achieved a Hall of Fame career.
nfbandon

Postby Wknhacker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:58 am

Gary Player weighs in on how technology has impacted the sport of golf. I don't think many here will disagree with Gary's thoughts on the subject. :D

"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

re: PGA Championship

Postby ballturf » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:02 pm

I turned on the PGA Championship this afternoon and Ricky Flower, John Rham, and Rory McIlroy just started to tee off on a 259 yard Par 3 hole (WHAT :?: ) I could not believe it when the announcer says Rory is hitting a 5 iron John hitting a 5 iron and Ricky hit a 4 iron. Unbelievable! I would be hitting my driver than a pitching wedge of some sort. I know we have been through this discussion many of times but when are the PGA Officials going to say enough of this bullshit and reign in the golf balls. Also, the golf clubs. I can just sit and watch and I guess play my own game as I see fit. This will be with good old fashion Persimmon woods and forged blades from Wilson Staff and Chrome Soft golf balls. MY CHOICE :D

BallTurf :geek:
The only way to permanently learn a motor skill is thru REPETITION !
ballturf

Previous

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking