Champions Golf, Jack Burke Jr.

Re: Champions Golf, Jack Burke Jr.

Postby LesMurray » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Range Rat wrote:Great putting sequence information here from one of the best. Check out Mr. Burke's "line" orientation and set up on his lag putt rolling- great stuff. This information may be a little too far advanced for our friends on Wrx having a difficult time figuring out what indeed Wrx. :lol:

That's a good one there Rat. I like the tip about forcing yourself almost violently to stay in the white (above the line).
LesMurray

Postby Range Rat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 am

Glad you enjoyed it Porsche-Man. I enjoy Mr. Burke also, and have learned more about putting since watching and listening to one of the best than ever before. I still have a few Doug Sanders moments, but they're becoming less frequent. :lol:

One thing I absolutely love about Burke is his practice routine that keeps his mind occupied with enjoyment instead of work. He picks 3 lines for each cup, a high line, which would be the slowest- like a putt going into the side of the hole- a more direct putt center cup hit a little firmer, then to one that starts center and just falls into the low side. So in effect, what he's doing is creating a path into the cup which is 1/4 of the cup's circumference, or a quadrant shape, just like having strike access to only the inside quadrant of the ball on an iron shot. I think the cup actually gets wider doing that- 3 ways in. I'll put up a picture of it when I get the chance.

Been busy, but have some more stuff from Mr. Burke in mind when time allows. :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:42 am

Whatever became of drive-in movie theaters.
Range Rat

Postby ballturf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks to the Rat I will not let the Black and White make a DUMBASS out me ever again!!!!! Great Stuff here :D I never look at breaking putts the same way now, I'll be in the White Section forever now. ;)

BallTurf :ugeek:
The only way to permanently learn a motor skill is thru REPETITION !
ballturf

Postby Range Rat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 am

Whatever happened to rotary-dial desk phones.

Amazing body of work from Mr. Burke and a message that just simply got better with age, line a fine wine.
Range Rat

Previous

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking