Champions Golf, Jack Burke Jr.

Re: Champions Golf, Jack Burke Jr.

Postby LesMurray » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Range Rat wrote:Great putting sequence information here from one of the best. Check out Mr. Burke's "line" orientation and set up on his lag putt rolling- great stuff. This information may be a little too far advanced for our friends on Wrx having a difficult time figuring out what indeed Wrx. :lol:

That's a good one there Rat. I like the tip about forcing yourself almost violently to stay in the white (above the line).
LesMurray

Postby Range Rat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 am

Glad you enjoyed it Porsche-Man. I enjoy Mr. Burke also, and have learned more about putting since watching and listening to one of the best than ever before. I still have a few Doug Sanders moments, but they're becoming less frequent. :lol:

One thing I absolutely love about Burke is his practice routine that keeps his mind occupied with enjoyment instead of work. He picks 3 lines for each cup, a high line, which would be the slowest- like a putt going into the side of the hole- a more direct putt center cup hit a little firmer, then to one that starts center and just falls into the low side. So in effect, what he's doing is creating a path into the cup which is 1/4 of the cup's circumference, or a quadrant shape, just like having strike access to only the inside quadrant of the ball on an iron shot. I think the cup actually gets wider doing that- 3 ways in. I'll put up a picture of it when I get the chance.

Been busy, but have some more stuff from Mr. Burke in mind when time allows. :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:42 am

Whatever became of drive-in movie theaters.
Range Rat

Postby ballturf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks to the Rat I will not let the Black and White make a DUMBASS out me ever again!!!!! Great Stuff here :D I never look at breaking putts the same way now, I'll be in the White Section forever now. ;)

BallTurf :ugeek:
The only way to permanently learn a motor skill is thru REPETITION !
ballturf

Postby Range Rat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 am

Whatever happened to rotary-dial desk phones.

Amazing body of work from Mr. Burke and a message that just simply got better with age, line a fine wine.
Range Rat

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Range Rat wrote:Whatever happened to rotary-dial desk phones.

Amazing body of work from Mr. Burke and a message that just simply got better with age, line a fine wine.

That's pure gold my friend...my mom still has one. Its even hooked up to a land line!!! Remember those?
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby Range Rat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Whatever happened to milk chutes.

Words from Mr. Burke Jr. that Lag speaks often about too- body cohesiveness through the entire swing, no disconnected parts, everything working as one, putting a big bunch of mass into ball and ground. When the entire club goes properly into the ground is what Mr. Burke calls "springing the shaft".

This may be a little to advanced for our friends on QuirxWRX :lol: who are still trying to decide if Ben Hogan and Bryon Nelson knew what they were talking about when claiming Mickey Wright had the greatest golf swing.
Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:00 am

Whatever happened to penny-candy at the movie theater.

Range Rat

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:21 am

Range Rat wrote:Whatever happened to penny-candy at the movie theater.

This is why I like telephone pole level stiffness now...it's like Goldilocks, you gotta get it "just" right.
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Previous

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking