Hogan grip change in competition

Hogan grip change in competition

Postby golfbulldog » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs_OJaELCd4

Golfwrx folk seem to see something different to me...maybe his hands slipped...maybe he twisted his hands to this position... they must be thinking about a different Ben Hogan... and they have a 75 post rule before you can reply on the Hogan forum - even though I started the post...

Be interested to know if any of you see anything useful in these images. I hit some big push fades over the summer trying this...
golfbulldog

Re: Hogan grip change in competition

Postby k2baloo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:46 pm

I like your videos, thanks for posting gbd
k2baloo

Postby Range Rat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 pm

I'm sticking with Hughes' take lost pressure is in play. I too had similar observations about your current posting about 6 moons ago and posted it here, and posed a similar question.
http://www.advancedballstriking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34&p=35146#p35146

and they have a 75 post rule before you can reply on the Hogan forum - even though I started the post...

Not surprising as WRX is posing as a golf instruction/improvement site but nearly everything about their set up and operation borders on a Romper Room production. :lol: BTW, always been fond of your YT work, especially the forward lean video, impressive stuff, thanks.
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby golfbulldog » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Thanks K2Baloo, conversation and discussion was what I was hoping for and there are perhaps more open minds here than elsewhere... if all the 5 degree flat club bending isn't a sign of open mindedness, then what is?? :)

Fascinating that you saw the same thing, RR. Greta minds, and some insane ones, think alike. I don't buy the loss of pressure though. Read the bit about hitting 25 shots consecutively at Seminole without altering grip - Larry Miller's book:
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Iik ... le&f=false

...also think about Ted Williams comment re. shaking hands...the guy was too strong and too precise about his grip to let it slacken off... I have long used the grip Hogan demonstrates in bronze and in posed photos (with the middle phalanges crosssing +right little finger hooking around left PIP joint) and my little finger has never slipped in such a consistent manner as Hogan seemed to ;)

I have found some more photos showing same grip...keep eyes open for follow up video :) ...more evidence coming ! Will use your example to, RR, if you don't mind!

I agree with Bradley that the overlap is a result of weakening the right hand, but i feel it is deliberate, and is almost a "weak Vardon overlap" rather than a 10 finger grip. It works well with a one knuckle left hand grip too (ie. left thumb down centre of the grip like he described in Life secret article).

Weather cold and grim in UK at the moment so not much inclination to play but I did make it work in the summer for some time but first series of shots all went right...very open clubface!
golfbulldog

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking