The true impact of the modern ball...

Re: The true impact of the modern ball...

Postby Ded2Journey » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:00 pm

stevemcgee99 wrote:The Duo and Elite 51 feel like they squish onto the club and ride for a while.

I can't remember if the others feel that way specifically, but I've been buying the Duo ball because I like how it sticks to the club.

Finally got a chance to play the Duo...I was pleasantly surprised. I'm considering putting it into play regularly...consistent feels, flight and distance all day. Very pleasantly I might add for the price!
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby Ded2Journey » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:06 pm

Wknhacker wrote:Last year I found a Taylormade Tour Preferred in the bushes in very good shape. It came off my persimmon driver beautifully. I picked up a dozen later and have been playing that ball since. I find it plays well off both my classic and modern gear.

For some reason the golf stores here in Toronto are selling last years model dirt cheap so I've been stocking up like crazy.

Not to sound picky, but I felt like every TM TP'd had a little different feel from the previous one (softer, spinny, dead, etc.). The lines were rarely straight on the ball either, which bugged the inner Hogan in me too. Very sloppy manufacturing...rushed, IMHO. However, I played them hot off the presses because I was excited to try something other than a ProV and they most likely sharpened their QA later on. Once again, my VERY HUMBLE OPINION.
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby LesMurray » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:41 am

I've been gaming the Wilson Staff Duo Spin in my last few rounds and I am beginning to really like this ball. It has a bit of that "squishiness" that we like and it seems to take the spin pretty well. Several people have made the comment that when hit off my persimmons and irons the ball sounds quieter.
LesMurray

Postby Wknhacker » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Ded2Journey wrote:
Wknhacker wrote:Last year I found a Taylormade Tour Preferred in the bushes in very good shape. It came off my persimmon driver beautifully. I picked up a dozen later and have been playing that ball since. I find it plays well off both my classic and modern gear.

For some reason the golf stores here in Toronto are selling last years model dirt cheap so I've been stocking up like crazy.

Not to sound picky, but I felt like every TM TP'd had a little different feel from the previous one (softer, spinny, dead, etc.). The lines were rarely straight on the ball either, which bugged the inner Hogan in me too. Very sloppy manufacturing...rushed, IMHO. However, I played them hot off the presses because I was excited to try something other than a ProV and they most likely sharpened their QA later on. Once again, my VERY HUMBLE OPINION.

It's all good. I've found the opposite. I've found them to be extremely reliable and consistent. They come out this year with a new TP ball and it's even more expensive than the Pro V's.

I'll give the Wilson Staff Duo spin a try this season based on what you guys have written about it.
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

Previous

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking