Byron and Hogan in Same Frame

Byron and Hogan in Same Frame

Postby LannyPacquiao » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:42 pm

My first post so I am not sure if it is the correct place or not. I stumbled upon this little gem on youtube and thought it was pretty cool. I had not seen this clip anywhere before.

I will attempt to insert the link to the video. I also created a gif of the relevant couple seconds but do not know how to insert it. If somebody can provide instructions that would be great, or feel free to create your own gif.

A fellow by the name of 'ant7797' over on Youtube has some pretty good vids. This one is called 'Byron Nelson Golf Swing Compilation 1.' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAn8kLJvCM0&index=42&list=PL-HDrSTmoEP9oYnH3BW4Dc9fwjmb189Tp While 8 minutes of watching Byron's swing is time well spent, that is not what makes this video fantastic. At almost the 30 second mark there is a clip of Byron hitting a shot on the driving range, presumably warming up at some tournament. Lo and behold, The Hawk is about 20 yards behind him also on the driving range hitting balls. The shot catches them both swinging at almost the exact same time.

Yes it is kind of silly. But also, its kind of awesome. Couldn't help but think of Mark Frost's book, The Match.
LannyPacquiao

Re: Byron and Hogan in Same Frame

Postby lagpressure » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:23 pm

Yes, some classic footage there. Thanks for posting!
lagpressure
Site Admin

Re: Byron and Hogan in Same Frame

Postby drewitgolf » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:10 am

Ben Hogan once told a reporter, "If Nelson practiced harder he would become a better player."
Byron replied back, "Go tell Hogan that I have already learned how to swing the golf club."
drewitgolf

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking