Stuck, under plane, etc..

Stuck, under plane, etc..

Postby fontaine32 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:41 am

I sent this swing from a couple years ago to a highly renowned group of golf instructors, said this entry was too flat, inside, under plane and stuck.. Not sure I understand the last two terms they used.. Any insight? Image[/url]
fontaine32

Re: Stuck, under plane, etc..

Postby LesMurray » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:27 am

fontaine32 wrote:I sent this swing from a couple years ago to a highly renowned group of golf instructors, said this entry was too flat, inside, under plane and stuck.. Not sure I understand the last two terms they used.. Any insight? Image

I don't see anything remotely under plane or stuck about that position. Your arms and hands are nicely out in front of your body, club on the 4:30 line, getting ready to rotate through the ball. You could be the ABS poster child with that P3 position.
LesMurray

Postby lagpressure » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:11 am

That's fine as long as you turn level and hard.... or a vicious Mod 3 move which we teach here.

If you are just going to stall, throw and dump from there.. then that could be problematic.

Most modern teachers like steep swings with little body movement through the strike, but that is not what the great strikers did.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby fontaine32 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:43 pm

So modern teachers are using the shaft plane as a guide? This club head is way under that then my hands raise a little at impact..
fontaine32

Postby Steve P » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:25 pm

That still by itself tells little. If you had a sequence there you could get an idea what direction the clubhead is going. It could be great or it might be terrible just from looking at that one still no one can say.
Steve P

Postby fontaine32 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:19 am

Here ya go Steve.. Image
fontaine32

Postby Steve P » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:45 pm

fontaine32 wrote:Here ya go Steve.. Image

It's definitely under. It's one of those things where I would ask how were you hitting it at that time. If there was a big hook and big push as a miss that would tell how bad it was at that time. I was under and it gave me the two way miss for me it was push and pull when I would overdo the correction from the push.
Dumping under tends to shift the path to the right. Some people would say align open and play the push but not me.
My take is you get plenty of pop on it from dumped under but path gets tough to control and tends to make high hands at impact.
:ugeek:
Steve P

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:13 pm

On plane until you lost ground pressures and body cohesion. The hip stall arm swing is a dead give away...IMHO, tighten up post impact and that's a controlled "whatever you want". Lag would call this swinging vs. hitting.
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby Steve P » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Hips turn every frame. Club is out of position plane and symple
Steve P

Postby lagpressure » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:47 pm

I would want to see two frames after.
Where is the club going?

That would tell what the pressures are actually doing.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Next

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking