Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby k2baloo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:54 pm

Anyone else have this happen?? I'm guessing hitting range balls in 20 something degree whether isn't ideal for persimmons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFAiHYLTKs8
k2baloo

Postby Mashie72 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:34 pm

k2baloo wrote:Anyone else have this happen?? I'm guessing hitting range balls in 20 something degree whether isn't ideal for persimmons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFAiHYLTKs8

Yes with my favorite 4-wood on a cold day too..
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:57 pm

The saga continues...

https://youtu.be/tx_t0XrF5T8
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby k2baloo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Great swing, Ded. Keep up the good work.

Is the back ball position and hand position consciously done or just natural to you? Your hands are back of center from a face on at address. Thanks
k2baloo

Postby Ded2Journey » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:21 pm

k2baloo wrote:Great swing, Ded. Keep up the good work.

Is the back ball position and hand position consciously done or just natural to you? Your hands are back of center from a face on at address. Thanks

Combination of a few things. Right eye dominant, narrow stance (working on a theory), downhill lie, offset on my modern blades, and grip taper experimenting. Quite the rabbit holes I'm playing in these days.

Thanks for the compliment...still much work to do. ;)
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby LesMurray » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm

I've been noodling on your videos there Ded2 and I like what I see. Nice squat into the right leg at transition and you really get the club working left through impact, bringing the arms in tight.

I'm subscribed to follow your putting series as well. How would you compare your technique to John's "chip rolling"?
LesMurray

Postby Ded2Journey » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Les, I noticed that! Thanks...and thank you for the positive feedback!!!

I've never taken the chip rolling module, so I honestly don't know. I've got my own system that helps you build your own stroke, using a series of mental exercises and a few games & drills. My drills are ones you can find anywhere...just explained in great detail. My games are meant to be used to develop a love for putting. My stroke building lessons are based on anatomical and biomechanical studies done over the last few decades. Bobby Locke was my inspiration...if that explains anything...

I use a very Zen approach to teaching...you won't find my structure or program anywhere that I know of. I've spent 7 years studying, researching, and developing my own stroke to ROLL the rock. I taught it to a few students who now putt better than me at times and they own their strokes. One of my students averaged 22-26 putts in many amateur competitions this year...

Hope you enjoyed Lesson I !!!
Ded2Journey

Postby Range Rat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:32 am

Ded2Journey wrote:Les, I noticed that! Thanks...and thank you for the positive feedback!!!

I've never taken the chip rolling module, so I honestly don't know. I've got my own system that helps you build your own stroke, using a series of mental exercises and a few games & drills. My drills are ones you can find anywhere...just explained in great detail. My games are meant to be used to develop a love for putting. My stroke building lessons are based on anatomical and biomechanical studies done over the last few decades. Bobby Locke was my inspiration...if that explains anything...

I use a very Zen approach to teaching...you won't find my structure or program anywhere that I know of. I've spent 7 years studying, researching, and developing my own stroke to ROLL the rock. I taught it to a few students who now putt better than me at times and they own their strokes. One of my students averaged 22-26 putts in many amateur competitions this year...

Hope you enjoyed Lesson I !!!

Good stuff guys, and Ded, our own NRG from across the pond has been holding out on us state-siders. :lol:--it seems the Brits are always looking for ways to drum us. I found this on NRG's great YT channel.

You may have already viewed that one on Locke, but the style of rolling the ball is also one of Mr. Burke's ideas too. I found these two by total accident the other day from a master putter. Nuggets everywhere!!

He holed that sucker, one-handed roll!!

In one of the Dirt putting videos, Elkington asks Mr. Burke if he thinks "putting into the left wrist" is a problem and without a moment's hesitation Jackie said- "well, it's my wrist." :D
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby Nickj1 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Nickj1

Postby Ded2Journey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:52 pm

Wow...that Locke video was so awesome...never seen it so Crystal clear. Thx so much for sharing RR. I've watched every J. Burke video on the planet (maybe :roll: )...but they never get old! Great to refresh on these...

I also studied under Tommy Shaw when I lived in Massachusetts. He brought me into a very secretive world that didn't fully make sense until about 6 months ago. What Mr. Burke teaches is only a very small slice of the pie...they kept the real nuggets to themselves back then...

Hence, my dedication to the journey...the secrets are out there...keep digging ladies and gentlemen.
Ded2Journey

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers