Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby lagpressure » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Robbo,

You will always be a quality ball striker with that textbook entry into impact. I just don't see you missing greens long and left often from there.
Review the "Holding the X" vid in the Mod 3 forum area. Increasing the orbit pull pressures through and post impact will really help with both increasing
speed and increasing the feel of pressure in your hands which is the lifeblood of controlled ballstriking.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby nfbandon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:03 am

Robbo,

Your swing looks pretty good to me. Good to see you getting out and working on your game. It gets harder as we get older doesn't it.
nfbandon

Postby robbo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:40 am

John - thanks for that suggestion. You know the struggles I’ve had with that damned “X”!!! Time to conquer it!

Grady - thanks for the compliment. Yea....the desire is still there but the mind/body seems to cooperate a little less with age. :D Half the fun is on the process!

Robbo
robbo

Postby Range Rat » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:44 pm

Nice striking Robbo. :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby lagpressure » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Try starting from a P3 tabletop with weight over your right leg, then quickly transfer weight to your left leg to initiate movement of the club.
Get your hands over to your left hip pocket with the clubhead working DTL before ripping up to PV5. It should feel like a two step process...
1 - shift..... 2 up.

Hit some balls doing that and see if something clicks.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby LesMurray » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:39 am

Robbo,

Looking great as always. Do you work with a powerboard like Bradley recommends?
LesMurray

Postby robbo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:19 am

LesMurray wrote:Robbo,

Looking great as always. Do you work with a powerboard like Bradley recommends?

Thanks Les. No - I haven't been using the powerboard. Haven't had much golf over the last several months but I'm trying to get back to drilling the modules and reinforcing the basics. I do intend to use that powerboard for the Mod 2 work. No doubt my footwork can use an upgrade if I want to strengthen my pivot.

robbo
robbo

Postby robbo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Crazy good range session today. First..... we actually made it thru a large bucket and weren’t too tired at the end. :) Secondly there was an epiphany or 2 during the process. Studying Mod 8 for a few days was pretty enlightening. The magic trick was huge yet so counter-intuitive. It should help my Mod 3 struggles as well. Getting the verticality of PV5 imo requires the open face at P4 intent otherwise it’s too easy to get the club moving too low and too left (for me at least).

After hitting a dozen or so balls with my new PW it was a thrill to see a dime sized wear pattern directly on the sweetspot! As one who has always been too much in the heel this was a VERY pleasant surprise. I’m assuming it has to do with being more packed in with the arms and maintaining right elbow bend. Regardless it’s been difficult for me to achieve this impact pattern.

It seems like I may be understanding how to take better advantage of my slotting now. The ability to feel the club behind me and very open at P3 and then very open at P4 yet see the resulting straight and solid ball flight may have been the lightbulb moment I’ve needed all these years. :D
robbo

Previous

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers