Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby Ded2Journey » Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm

LesMurray wrote:D2J,

Had a session with John yesterday. Quite eye opening on what he is working on in regards to the Hogan swing. Got a couple drills to help me get that deep backswing position.

Now to go drill.

How's this drilling going? You feeling that depth and early loading yet?
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby LesMurray » Fri May 10, 2019 7:06 am

Ded2Journey wrote:How's this drilling going? You feeling that depth and early loading yet?

Starting to get there. In my drills I can certainly get to a deep loaded position. On the range getting that deep position often leads to some terrible shanks. One key feeling on the backswing is what John calls the Nautilus - related to his "pie in the face" feeling in the drills.

Some keys besides the Nautilus - retaining my spine tilt during the free ride down, a strong Mod 2/3

Fun times.
LesMurray

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri May 10, 2019 6:26 pm

I remember Knudson saying the same things...right before he figured it out!

Stay thirsty my friend...the end is near. Might think about messaging stu carlb for more info on that. Hes had some incredible results and successes in his short time instructing.
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby LesMurray » Mon May 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Ded2Journey wrote:I remember Knudson saying the same things...right before he figured it out!
Stay thirsty my friend...the end is near.

Major light bulb today :idea: Working on the new backswing and the fall today and I felt the club get into this loaded position at the top that I just held all the way through impact. It was like I was throwing the ball with my right shoulder.

I think it was Stu who mentioned the club being like a fly rod where there is a precise way to cast the fly. John talks about taking a belt and snapping it away from you then snapping again behind you. If you let go of that feeling too soon it's either fat city or shanksville.
LesMurray

Postby nfbandon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:22 pm

Been working on GG principles. They really are old school in many ways. A little Matt Wolfe in this. If you look for it. This was a day or two after my 59th birthday. My clubhead speed with the driver is 111, and I hit my persimmons better and more consistent now too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y672AKUfsSc
nfbandon

Postby k2baloo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:31 am

Matt Wolfe reminds me of Jimmy Bruen.
k2baloo

Postby LesMurray » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:50 am

I just saw that GG spot on Golf Channel.

Wolfe and Bruen are completely different through impact. Wolfe stalls, throws the arms, and jumps up through impact. Bruen pivots through impact like all the greats.
LesMurray

Postby k2baloo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:36 pm

LesMurray wrote:I just saw that GG spot on Golf Channel.

Wolfe and Bruen are completely different through impact. Wolfe stalls, throws the arms, and jumps up through impact. Bruen pivots through impact like all the greats.

Do you have a link to the GC bit?
k2baloo

Postby LesMurray » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:38 am

k2baloo wrote:Do you have a link to the GC bit?

Why yes I do...

LesMurray

Postby Wknhacker » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:19 am

LesMurray wrote:I just saw that GG spot on Golf Channel.

They look very similar on the backswing. But I agree that from the top of the swing to the finish there isn't a whole lot of similarity.

Congrats to Wolfe on that first win though. A wonderful achievement for the young man.
"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game: it's called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Wknhacker

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers