How to incorporate the mod work into our golf swing

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: How to incorporate the mod work into our golf swing

Postby norcalvol » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:49 pm

nfbandon wrote:John told me he hit thousands and thousands of balls doing this. Just get closer and closer to the tabletop and then go.

Grady, how much distance do you "lose" doing this drill compared to a regular swing with the same club? Considering a late acceleration being advantageous --- basically from no sooner than P3, the starting point of this drill --- I imagine it isn't as much as one might think since the post-impact portion of the drill is "all the way".
Accelerate forever!
norcalvol

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Grady, play with ball position while doing thousands of those. This is something I have started doing...very interesting stuff.
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby nfbandon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:52 pm

I can get 160 out of a 6 iron doing this. I have no doubt I can get more as I get better at it.

Ballposition is learned in mod 8.
nfbandon

Postby My3Sons » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:12 am

I was on the range doing this drill last week and I could consistently flush shots one after another. Low point was stable and divots were consistent. It is only when I go to a full swing that low point and divots become more erratic. It's proving to me that from transition to P3 is where most of the swing wrecking gremlins do their dirty work :evil:

M3S
My3Sons

Postby NRG » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:53 am

I've hit about a hundred thousand balls doing this drill. It takes away the bit where we push the panic button between the top and p3. It moved my game on more than anything else.
NRG

Postby HelterSkelter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:17 am

NRG wrote:I've hit about a hundred thousand balls doing this drill. It takes away the bit where we push the panic button between the top and p3. It moved my game on more than anything else.

I like that description! It's a great drill, a bit of an extended BH drill 7 to the finish - assume mod 8/9? is similar)
HelterSkelter

Postby Craig Toone » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:00 pm

My3Sons wrote:I was on the range doing this drill last week and I could consistently flush shots one after another. Low point was stable and divots were consistent. It is only when I go to a full swing that low point and divots become more erratic. It's proving to me that from transition to P3 is where most of the swing wrecking gremlins do their dirty work :evil:

M3S

Say hello to the benefits of PA3 ;)
Craig Toone

Postby nfbandon » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:43 am

I had a brief session doing this drill yesterday. I was doing so well with the 6 iron I thought I would try my three wood. Hold your horses...it didn't go well. I couldn't get enough speed to get it airborne very well. That will be a new challenge. Anyone out there that can do this consistently? That would be impressive.
nfbandon

Postby My3Sons » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:29 am

nfbandon wrote:I had a brief session doing this drill yesterday. I was doing so well with the 6 iron I thought I would try my three wood. Hold your horses...it didn't go well. I couldn't get enough speed to get it airborne very well. That will be a new challenge. Anyone out there that can do this consistently? That would be impressive.

You beat me to it! I was going to try this today or tomorrow. I noticed on my video that my BS is a little more than 1/2, almost 3/4's. That last little pump really turns my shoulders. It still amazes me how well I can consistently strike the ball like this with the hesitation and little pump to get the transition going. I can tell you though it really is a great pivot firing drill. No other way to put anything on the ball without the pivot firing hard.

I told John how well I was hitting my 6 iron with my one handed drills and he told me to try the 3 wood. Same thing, didn't go to well and requires much more strength to fight the club flipping over and pulling away out to right field. Tough stuff. I'm going to start using my 3 wood for my Mod 3 drills and see where I get with that.

M3S
My3Sons

Postby Mashie72 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Grady,

Thanks for posting the tube videos about Room for the Arms. I got something out of that

Hope 2015 brings more ABS golfing success your way
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers