Swing Postings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Swing Postings

Postby Range Rat » Thu May 31, 2018 3:57 am

Do you have caddy views of the same sequence. I think there are ways to discuss what we see from the sidelines without interfering with Bradley's instruction, so a face on view might help. For instance, the 1:30 line you mentioned is a good starting point. How do you know where the 1:30 line is? :)
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby LesMurray » Thu May 31, 2018 11:14 am

paradigm_shift wrote:Thanks guys for the input. I’ll definitely have to go see Brad and get this sorted out. Even in the videos I put up, was the shaft that far off from intersecting my spine ? My feel vs real must be way off because in those videos, at impact, I feel like i have saved ROM and have acceleration to PV5.

Speaking from an ABS perspective, not only do we want the shaft perpendicular to the spine but also we want the club coming out lower, John speaks of the club coming out of the right hip pocket. When we worked on the Deck, he had me position my hands in what felt like right off my right knee. So, flat and low are what we want for P3.
LesMurray

Postby Range Rat » Thu May 31, 2018 12:47 pm

LesMurray wrote:
paradigm_shift wrote:Thanks guys for the input. I’ll definitely have to go see Brad and get this sorted out. Even in the videos I put up, was the shaft that far off from intersecting my spine ? My feel vs real must be way off because in those videos, at impact, I feel like i have saved ROM and have acceleration to PV5.

Speaking from an ABS perspective, not only do we want the shaft perpendicular to the spine but also we want the club coming out lower, John speaks of the club coming out of the right hip pocket. When we worked on the Deck, he had me position my hands in what felt like right off my right knee. So, flat and low are what we want for P3.

Flat, low, and I'll add open face to body and path too at P3, and from there is when I feel most like a drag flick with significant trail forearm rotation energy traveling down and through the right hand, but only when I am channeling the Deck. :)
Range Rat

Postby IronOfZion » Thu May 31, 2018 11:19 pm

Great stuff here RR...For clarification,
here is the link to the drag flick vids/discussion...

http://www.advancedballstriking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=605&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=230
The path to enlightenment is paved with good intentions.
IronOfZion

Postby IronOfZion » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:32 am

IronOfZion wrote:Great stuff here RR...For clarification,
here is the link to the drag flick vids/discussion...

http://www.advancedballstriking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=605&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=230

That link is not the one I wanted to share :(
This is what I meant:
The path to enlightenment is paved with good intentions.
IronOfZion

Postby Range Rat » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:01 am

Nice IOZ and thanks for putting up the ABS link too so history can be revisited and the great thoughts you and Bommo had about field hockey-drag flicking. I had to chuckle at myself during one point Bom asked me why the right palm faces upward in preparing for the strike, in hitting, and I stumbled around for a lengthy bit searching for an answer LOL. If Bom is still reading this site, and I think he may be doing just that during a hoist of his home brew after a hard day on the links, I would reduce those thoughts to one- the palm facing up puts the club behind the center-line axis of the trail forearm providing potential to kinetic energy with rotation into the strike.

Now for a Bom-like thought stream.

In drag-flicking the ball travels up the stick, inward toward us, before traveling back down the stick before leaving the stick. I was wondering if the inward travel is centripetal motion relative only to the ball, or is it caused by stick friction putting inward spin on the ball toward us, or by flattening the stick, or a little of all happening. I find that piece fascinating as I really think the swing, in any of its several ways, is simply a measure of efficient or inefficient energy transfer.

Would the field-hockey ball, when traveling inward toward us first during a drag flick, be the equivalent of a centripetal event: energy going into us so it can travel out of us. Energy out to hit the ball and that created impact energy traveling back up the stick for our feel.

The trail palm isn't palm up though during this, is it? I don't know, it looks like it remains on top the the stick without rotating open. :)
Range Rat

Postby LesMurray » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:36 am

Headline: From a remote deck somewhere in the East Bay Lag works Miracles.

Before:

After:

LesMurray

Postby paradigm_shift » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:29 pm

I see Gary Player!

It's nice you are close to Lag and can get personal feedback in person!
paradigm_shift

Postby lagpressure » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:52 pm

What I really liked was the SOUND of the strikes after a few adjustments. It was quite compelling to hear it and undeniable.

Les has worked hard on the ABS Module drills, so when he came here, we changed a few things so he could start taking advantage of the work he
has already done.

At home, he can work on this stuff refine it more and more, find the ball, shot shapes and play it into the golf course.

Then just assess the improvements and further refine as we move forward.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Ded2Journey » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:00 am

Wow...huge change! Outstanding work Les! Seems my request to get more out of the wrists has been accomplished, I'm pretty blown away! With a little time that motion is going to really be powerful and consistent...
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers