Analysis of Steel Age Golf Swings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Analysis of Steel Age Golf Swings

Postby LesMurray » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:28 am

twomasters wrote:Calc in my opinion always had a very strong & superior left side pull beyond impact. Was very evident when he was at the heights of his game (and as shown in that 89 Open video above).

In the '89 Open video, he looks very similar to Norman in his leg action and follow through.
LesMurray

Postby nfbandon » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:18 pm

He was definitely a left sided player. Had a lot of lateral slide, and of course that caused some spine tilt and back out. Greg had a lateral slide of the left hip also. In both cases, I would guess the miss was right. I remember Norman hitting that 5 iron in the gallery right at the Masters. Actually, Calc's swing looks pretty good in the second video for a guy who was never know for his fitness regime.
nfbandon

Postby LesMurray » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:22 pm

nfbandon wrote:He was definitely a left sided player. Had a lot of lateral slide, and of course that caused some spine tilt and back out. Greg had a lateral slide of the left hip also. In both cases, I would guess the miss was right. I remember Norman hitting that 5 iron in the gallery right at the Masters. Actually, Calc's swing looks pretty good in the second video for a guy who was never know for his fitness regime.

Yeah, that was Norman's miss - the big block to the right. Hurt him in the '86 Masters and I think the '84 and '86 US Opens.
LesMurray

Postby LesMurray » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:38 am

Here's an interesting video of Greg Norman talking about the swing. Very much in line with ABS principles. This was taken as part of a demonstration series for Tathata Golf.

The audio is a little shoddy in places but Greg is able to get a lot of his important points across.

LesMurray

Postby Range Rat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Norman with some good goods there for sure. Visualizing the shot is so important, but I also think visualizing the swing needed to accomplish that flight is important too. When I'm not farting around with tinkering, my best swings are made, and over with, before I even step into, or find, my address orientation- I actually sense and see my entire motion beforehand while standing by the bag, then my body just kind of finds where it needs to be in order to do what it saw in my minds-eye. :shock:
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Previous

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers