Analysis of Steel Age Golf Swings

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: Analysis of Steel Age Golf Swings

Postby k2baloo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:48 pm

I am pretty surprised with the lack of class and respect with which teaching pros sometimes operate on the Internet. I saw some of that nonsense over there on wrx....
Nf, I wouldn't waste too much time on that fire - it just seems like an endless argument lacking in substance. Like MJ said, "just beat it!" Of course, I wouldn't blame you if you feel a need to defend your teacher and friends, but my 2 cents is that it's better to drop it and move on.
k2baloo

Postby lagpressure » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Over the years I have seen a few students here sign up, work on a Module or two, give up, then proclaim with great conviction it doesn't work. This is not a quick fix process as most weekend golfers expect or prefer. Few things in life work that way. What is offered here is very detailed and comprehensive. It takes time, patience and discipline. I have not had a single Mod 7 grad fail to improve their ball striking considerably.

A quality golf swing motion is NOT a simple action. It's a complex series of movements that the body makes to earn an action worth it's investment of time.

The advanced students here know the validity of the program. It really speaks for itself at this point.
There will always be naysayers, bashers etc.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby 20 Mule Team » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:27 am

nfbandon wrote:I will look at that Les. In the meantime I am dealing with the mess over on golfwrx trashing John and Bradley. Our budfy Jim T. Is over there also. But what is sad is there are teaching pros over there like Dan C. and Michael Martin joining in. Monte as well, but he is a long driver, which is a skill that doesn't necessarily translate to good golf.

Link? TIA
20 Mule Team

Postby LesMurray » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:38 pm

20 Mule Team wrote:Link? TIA

LesMurray

Postby LesMurray » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:10 pm

nfbandon wrote:I will look at that Les. In the meantime I am dealing with the mess over on golfwrx trashing John and Bradley. Our budfy Jim T. Is over there also. But what is sad is there are teaching pros over there like Dan C. and Michael Martin joining in. Monte as well, but he is a long driver, which is a skill that doesn't necessarily translate to good golf.

I am trying to stay out of that mess. It is getting so hard to know who is who over in Thunderdome because all the usual suspects are running 3 or 4 different user IDs. I don't bother with WRX. But it just really surprises me how supposedly mature adults are acting towards each other. Glad we have a pretty sane place here where we can have decent discussions. Thank you John and Bradley for that service and courtesy.

Just shows how the emotions of envy and jealousy, when allowed to fester unchecked, can lead one to evil intentions. The ego can lead us down some pretty dark paths.
LesMurray

Postby stevemcgee99 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Classic club section on that forum is civil. But nobody suggests they're 'good', and nobody talks much about technique.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby twomasters » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:37 pm

LesMurray wrote:
20 Mule Team wrote:Link? TIA

Dont agree with much of anything in that video. I learned directly from The Shark at the age of 12/13... From what Greg told me/showed me and how my swing evolved and worked as a result- its not a video to take any notice of
twomasters

Postby LesMurray » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:19 pm

twomasters wrote:Dont agree with much of anything in that video. I learned directly from The Shark at the age of 12/13... From what Greg told me/showed me and how my swing evolved and worked as a result- its not a video to take any notice of

That was my point. I know how much Grady enjoys Wayne's analyses so I thought he would appreciate this one as well :lol:

On a serious note, it amazes me to no end how much PIA Greg put into his swings. How he got someone to convince him to tone down his swing is beyond me.

Oh, and good luck tomorrow and Sunday. Go get 'em and make us ABS'ers proud.
LesMurray

Postby Mashie72 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:29 am

Yes Congrats on making the cut Bradley!
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby Knightwriter » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:02 pm

I'm not doubting Greg was a great player, but there are things in his swing I don't get.

The transition move and the way the club seems to come in steeply. I don't really understand how they are good moves, but the rest of it is obviously great athletic moves and great acceleration.

I'm new to this so just asking a question, not saying it is wrong or can't work etc.

Regarding golf arguments on golf wrx and that. I find that stuff hilarious. I have no inclination to argue about golf. I'm a player, not a keyboard warrior.

I really don't like that stuff and actively avoid it in life and on the internet. It's pure peanut gallery nonsense. Get in the arena and take action. Then you can talk, and even then only if it is helpful. Otherwise it is just tittle tattle so go over with the other tittle tattlers and don't annoy the real players.

That's my attitude to that stuff. It's just noise, I wouldn't even give it the light of day.
Knightwriter

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers