Level Left OR Lateral Side Bend

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Level Left OR Lateral Side Bend

Postby TheCrow » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm guessing that many of you have seen MySwingEvolution (Christo) over the on the youtube. His last two videos show he is working on getting more "Lateral Side Bend.(LSB)" He's taking monster divots and to his own admission, hitting it all over the yard.

Is LSB completely opposed to turning level leftl, like is advocated in ABS? Am I confusing what LSB is? I know that Hogan, Player, and Trevino all have shoulders that are diagonal to the ground but they are still considered to be turning level because the shoulders are still perpendicular to their spines.

Anyone care to share their opinion on what Christo is working on? Or if level left and LSB are mutually exclusive? Or can they coexist?
TheCrow

Re: Level Left OR Lateral Side Bend

Postby nfbandon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:29 pm

My view is it a terrible idea. Looks like the driving range superintendent will grow tired of him working on this as well.
nfbandon

Postby LesMurray » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:50 pm

I posted on his youtube that he needs more forearm rotation. He squares the club up early and drives his hands downward - one reason for those pork chop divots.

He likes to call that move the "Hogan roll".
LesMurray

Postby TheCrow » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:56 pm

nfbandon wrote:My view is it a terrible idea. Looks like the driving range superintendent will grow tired of him working on this as well.

Ha exactly what I thought when I saw him taking some practice swings with dirt flying everywhere.

Who is telling him this? His swing last summer looked so smooth and powerful.
TheCrow

Postby HelterSkelter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 pm

He seems to use some of his rotation early. He is not still loading into his right hip and shoulder late into the downswing.

He also doesn't seem to have the rock solid left side that encourages the really late aggressive turn post impact. He seems to want to hit the open hip position early to look like Hogan. He doesn't realise that he can't look like him because no one has Hogans hip speed.
HelterSkelter

Postby Mashie72 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:32 pm

TheCrow wrote:
nfbandon wrote:My view is it a terrible idea. Looks like the driving range superintendent will grow tired of him working on this as well.

Ha exactly what I thought when I saw him taking some practice swings with dirt flying everywhere.

Who is telling him this? His swing last summer looked so smooth and powerful.

Isn't Kelvin all about LSB?
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby ballturf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Hello Gents, :D

I believe he as seen Gregg McHatton (the hat) I heard him mention Gregg's name in one of his videos. Gregg is really knowledgeable on Mr. Hogans hip slide. Also, Christo geographic location might be in Los Angels and Gregg lives in Valencia, CA 30 minute drive. Not sure what LBS stands for. :roll:

Ballturf
The only way to permanently learn a motor skill is thru REPETITION !
ballturf

Postby TheCrow » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:06 pm

I just dont't understand the logic of getting steeper shoulders in an attempt to speed up the pivot. I don't know if he is just listening to too many keyboard coaches or if he really believes Hogan deliberately steepened his shoulders. The one thin I always notice though is his lack of balance at the finish. Which is mind boggling considering that he has so much karate and ballet training. Maybe he is lacking the mod 2 squeeze.
TheCrow

Postby Mystery man » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:16 am

I'm sure the vast majority of " internet golfers" would be more than happy to have a swing like Christo . Instead of the golf swing look why not focus on what the ball is doing ? And focus on what score is getting written on the score card

Overthinking and over analyzing a motion that takes less than a few seconds is so futile. There are things you can groove thru these drills that will help a lot. But focusing obsessively on the motion just isn't productive . Your missing out on the whole beauty of the game
One in the oven
Mystery man

Postby bruceg » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:46 am

Lateral side bend or Bowing to the 4;30...you NEED IT
SneadP7.jpg
SneadP7.jpg (12.57 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
Attachments
lee.jpg
lee.jpg (16.13 KiB) Viewed 3543 times
gary.jpg
gary.jpg (87.23 KiB) Viewed 3549 times