Implementing mod's on the golf course

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Implementing mod's on the golf course

Postby Mystery man » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:24 am

This season I have the playing bug real bad and attempting to play a different course every round that i play. For guys big into playing doing these mod's what feels or triggers do you focus on? I bring an impact bag with me and will do a few 4:30 drills in the parking lot before the round ( which loosens me up more than a range would ) My practice swing is a combination of 4:30 and mod 3 that i implement before every swing . Now that I started mod 4 , I'm going to alter my practice swing to include width and wrist suppleness . Sounds like a lot , but it has produced some great shots as of today and makes me feel like I'm doing the drills playing the game .Curious to see what you guys do when on the course ?
One in the oven
Mystery man

Re: Implementing mod's on the golf course

Postby nfbandon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:03 am

On the course you just see the shot and play. The mod work will seep into your course play, but you can't play good golf thinking about mechanics. See the shot, feel the shot, play the shot.
nfbandon

Postby stevemcgee99 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:16 am

Early extension has been one of my problems, so I do some mod 1 sometimes. Partly it's just to loosen my forearms, which get really tight.
I also sometimes to a torso rotation stretch, and lately I've been doing it reaching the club out around me much flatter than I did before.

I'll exaggerate lag in my practice swings, too, especially if I've hit the dirt before the ball recently.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby Mystery man » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Honestly , with my impact bag / board and carpet / doing a quick 15 mins of power drills in parking lot eliminates the range . I try and develop a practice swing that Incoporates all the mod's. Still trying to add ground pressure drill in practice swing , but golf cart tire works great on 4:30 drill and back of cart does wonders with hand attitudes and loose wrist firm grip drill.
Thanks guys for responses : no Better way to enhance your learning but take the drills to the course. Gets me focused on motion instead of old ball bound tendencies
One in the oven
Mystery man

Postby Mystery man » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:02 pm

Nbandon @

Your right , I tried to do to much today and had a bad round. This is where I struggle at , seems like when I play all of the hard mod work kinda disappears for me. And I go back to grooving my old bad habits again. I'm still new to brad's stuff and haven't missed a day of drills. But my love of just playing the game and shooting as low as I can prevents me from fully converting the drills to an on course motion. I'm well aware it may take a long time .. But when I'm swinging well I can hit the most beautiful draw with my old man persimmon. And watching that ball turn over occasionally keeps me coming back and not giving up
One in the oven
Mystery man

Postby IanB » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:31 am

Hey Mysteryman

Im not familiar with the structure of Brads course but I am mod5 with John and its really just starting to get into my swing. What has helped me is doing all the modules available to me one after the other to really get the feels installed…….then immediately afterwards while the feelings are fresh I do some mirror work and practice swings trying to get those feelings ingrained. It has slowly crept into my course play. Also ,sometimes Im been so busy TRYING to make a move happen that I didn't realize I was already making it! It does soak in! Just takes time.
There is DO and there is DO NOT. There is no TRY.
IanB

Postby Ded2Journey » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:06 am

MM,

It took a year+ before I was comfortable with the changes...but what I found was that if I maintained good tempo and just hit targets, I played well. I would do a very relaxed practice swing trying to fill the right delivery path, then I would step up and swing 70%. I didn't hit it far, but managed the golf course very well. Competition was another story.

Hope this helps...

Jeremy
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby superslotter07 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:26 pm

MysteryMan

When I play its a practice swing-usually half speed and a half swing trying to incorporate the feel I need for a particular shot: a drive is different than a 40 yard pitch shot. Once over the ball I focus on the target and try "feel" the shot and hope all my practice and Drills-I have been working with Brad-pay off

Because I don't play as much as I would like I did have a few ups and downs during the season. I won two tournaments and had a strectch that wasn't very good. However, the last few months have been very good and I know-after watchingh my swing on video-I need to revisit Drill 5 and get back to work!

Good luck this season!
superslotter07

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers