A conversation in the making...

Hosted by Grady (NFBANDON)

Re: A conversation in the making...

Postby stevemcgee99 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:02 pm

lagpressure wrote:
I prefer practice on the course to the range. The range feels so detached from real life.

Couldn't agree more.

It's good to have a resident card and dirt-cheap muni-courses all around me. I make the trek to Mare, too. $19? What a ba-gain!

I've played at Tilden starting before sunrise for $9 more than once, and Lake Chabot several times for $16. Cheaper than a large bucket of range balls.
McGee
stevemcgee99

Postby Ded2Journey » Fri May 20, 2016 5:04 am

Wish that was the case here in Colorado. I have found a few public places that don't charge if you show up after 6pm. More work for them to process you than just let you go walk 9 holes.

I wish I could find a private course that was affordable. I need to take a shag bag out there and work. I do have a Par 3 I can get lost on...time to get back to basics I think. I tend to focus better when I have to go chase all the balls afterwards!!!
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby Mystery man » Fri May 20, 2016 5:12 am

I signed up for our local country club last year and they rarely said anything about me hitting 20 to 30 balls on every hole.Only thing they frowned on was hitting all of these balls into the green.I have access to 10 acres of land and really don't feel like even going to the club as much.But I would have to say that on course practice was so vital to my progression.Seeing yourself doing your move on the course really helps versus the range.I highly recommend anyone to take a huge bucket of balls with them on the course during slow times.Do it until they say no.
One in the oven
Mystery man

Previous

Return to In Search of the Great Ball Strikers