Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/advanced/public_html/forum/common.php on line 106
Advanced Ball Striking • View topic - Hogan and Wilson iron specs

Hogan and Wilson iron specs

Hogan and Wilson iron specs

Postby The23rdman » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:42 am

Hi gents,

I figure that this is probably the best place to ask this question. I have sets of Slazenger Hogan Starbursts and PC5 that I'm refurbishing ready to play, but the lofts and lies are bound to be all over the place. Does anyone know what the original specs would have been?

Same question for the 80s reissue of the early 60s Dyna-Powered Staff Model.

I'm very grateful in advance for any enlightenment on these specs.

Dean
The23rdman

Re: Hogan and Wilson iron specs

Postby LesMurray » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:19 am

If you are on FB, join the Persimmon Golf Society page. There you can find a lot of good information about old clubs.

Lag has his specs published on this site for his lofts and lies. His are 6* flat so you can adjust upright from there. The lofts are pretty spot on except for the 2, 3, and 4 irons. His are 4* gapped whereas I believe most clubmakers made those with 3* gaps.
LesMurray

Postby lagpressure » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:25 pm

Are you looking to restore them to original specs or to play them out on the course based upon your swing etc?
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby The23rdman » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:38 am

LesMurray wrote:If you are on FB, join the Persimmon Golf Society page. There you can find a lot of good information about old clubs.

Lag has his specs published on this site for his lofts and lies. His are 6* flat so you can adjust upright from there. The lofts are pretty spot on except for the 2, 3, and 4 irons. His are 4* gapped whereas I believe most clubmakers made those with 3* gaps.

Thanks. I am a member of that group, but nobody has been able to help.
The23rdman

Postby The23rdman » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:39 am

lagpressure wrote:Are you looking to restore them to original specs or to play them out on the course based upon your swing etc?

I'd like to try them at original specs and go from there.
The23rdman

Return to Equipment