ABS WEBSITE SERVER CHANGE COMPLETED!

ABS WEBSITE SERVER CHANGE COMPLETED!

Postby lagpressure » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:52 am

We now have officially a new self contained designated server. Startlogic, the former hosting company of this site :? transferred the entire site 20 GIGS of posts and pics and vids etc.. to the new server iPage. The new iPage host informed me the transfer was successful and this site is now pulling off their new server as I type. The speed should be much better and the site much more secure and stable than in the past hopefully...

The transfer started sometime on Thursday and was put online at Midnight Sat June 14th. Posts from the last two days are still on the old server.. and I have no idea where they are buried inside the PHPPB folders. The new server claims to not be responsible for what was prior to the old site and the forum which runs off PHPPB is not an inhouse responsibility for them..

Unless I figure something out here, we have Thursdays posts and nothing between then and 12:00 am Sat.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Any emails sent to me.. questions, swing reviews etc.. I have them.. as that is not associated with this server.

We are online now on the following main global hubs.

1.jpg
1.jpg (176.13 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
lagpressure
Site Admin

Re: ABS WEBSITE SERVER CHANGE COMPLETED!

Postby bullrambler » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:36 am

Good to know that there is a more advanced server in place for the ABS site. Enjoy your weekend all...!
"It clobbering Time"
bullrambler

Postby lagpressure » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:35 am

I tried to transfer over Friday's posts, but no success. I found files with that date, and tried to transfer them over, but to luck.
I suppose it was Friday the 13th! :twisted:

Hopefully that's the last of forum problems.
All new posts are going onto the new server from here on out.
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby Range Rat » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:59 pm

The good news is having a new and more efficient system, congrats Lag!

The bad news is that Friday I was extremely motivated and posted a 15 page treatise exclusively on ABS relative to the genesis of Hogan's secret- complete with my own personal video on the subject. Oh well, I guess it will be lost for all time in the darkness of the webosphere. :lol:
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Postby lagpressure » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:37 am

It's saved somewhere on the old server. I found a file in there with 12,000 entries that I was sure contained Friday's posts.
They were dated but NOT in order. I did go through the files and found one dated Friday June 13th. Downloaded it and then uploaded it in the sister file box of the new server, but it didn't show up.. so there must be something more to it. I am sure there is a way to do it.. I just don't know how, and the tech people at the new company don't support 3rd party software platforms like internet forums.

Maybe someone out there knows this stuff?
lagpressure
Site Admin

Postby ABSinThailand » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:16 am

Sorry, can't help, but if you find that 15 page treatise & video, you can lay odds RR will be more surprised than anyone! :shock: :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ABSinTH
ABSinThailand

Postby Range Rat » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:07 am

ABSinThailand wrote:Sorry, can't help, but if you find that 15 page treatise & video, you can lay odds RR will be more surprised than anyone! :shock: :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ABSinTH

:lol:
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking