Impact Plus One

Re: Impact Plus One

Postby Ded2Journey » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:58 am

lagpressure wrote:Right elbow straightening through impact is almost the definition of "Timing". When the right arm straightens, most golfers use that action to assist or aid in closing the clubface. If using this method, the right arm becomes extremely responsible for the accuracy of the direction of the strike.

A better way in my opinion is that the rotation of the torso takes over that responsibility. One could think of a door closing on it's hinges and striking the door frame with reliable and consisted contact. It's a thoughtless process that doesn't need much maintenance.

Taking the right arm out of the equation does wonders for accuracy once mastered. Hogan, Trevino, Faldo, Knudson are all prime examples of great strikers who also came to this conclusion.

Hinges being the pivot-- Upper hinge, Middle Hinge, Lower Hinge... I bet this would be a great addition to "What do you see?"
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Postby Mashie72 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:00 pm

lagpressure wrote:A better way in my opinion is that the rotation of the torso takes over that responsibility. One could think of a door closing on it's hinges and striking the door frame with reliable and consisted contact. It's a thoughtless process that doesn't need much maintenance.

Makes you really think where the hinge of the door is in relation to the location of the ball and what one needs to do with the torso before impact to square it up.
"The secret is on the deck"
Mashie72

Postby NRG » Mon May 23, 2016 2:02 pm

28bf02a3e934642f57585f83f681fd36.jpg
28bf02a3e934642f57585f83f681fd36.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
NRG

Postby Ded2Journey » Mon May 23, 2016 6:15 pm

The bent left knee tells much of this story I believe...nice pic NRG, as always!
"People have always been telling me what I can't do. I guess I have wanted to show them. That's been one of my driving forces all my life." -Ben Hogan
Ded2Journey

Previous

Return to Public Forum- Concepts in Advanced Ball Striking