Live From the War Zone

Live From the War Zone

Postby Range Rat » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am

Michigan shut down 3 weeks. We're hunkering down dodging invisible shrapnel. If you own a 57 Chevy or 70 Chevelle I-94 has, in spots, has wide open spaces to clean off those power valves while on the way to grab all you want from vacant store shelves- windows up on the drive over. Oh my! Even cheese is a rare breed. We have a daughter on the front lines working in a medical facility, and PPE is nowhere to be found except what was made by an ingenious worker, making do they are while in the fight, while the doctors work from home. Another daughter a cop in Mississippi taking care of business, proud of them both. Got to keep going, rock no matter what...updates to follow, and Lag feel free to take this thread down anytime you like. The Mittiganians have time on our hands....

Anyone got any extra peanut butter they can spare...

Heard about Houston, heard about Detroit....hope Jackie Burke Jr. is being taken care of good.
You're ahead of where you were, and behind where you're going.
Range Rat

Re: Live From the War Zone

Postby Range Rat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:01 am

Robins now laying beautiful blue eggs, squirrels still antagonizing local canines, the sun still shines brightly at times, dormant grass showing spots of green and tree buds look almost ready to rock without fanfare.

There's an eerie quiet within our town, heavily traveled highways are now free open roads, not uncommon to hear 3 or 4 sirens per normal day heading toward an accident or other emergency. Kids not playing with other kids even while out of school. Silence.

Detroit is starting its time within the gauntlet. Crazy times, but keep on chooglin.

Hey what happened to a peanut butter donation, or can of beans, either one works. ;)

Range Rat

Postby Range Rat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Descriptive fact from the warzone...

Filled my tank on 3/13/2020 and have 191 miles left ( 1/2 tank left ) as of today. Taking car out just to dust off the battery and get some oil flowing. Crazy times here in Motown and burbs are getting hammered. Day after day, bunkering down dodging an invisible opponent. Oh well. Hey check out in this video about 14 seconds at the spray painters with no masks. I reckon some of those souls if alive today have compromised lungs.

In Detroit, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, but we're still here.... :)

Range Rat

Postby k2baloo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:18 pm

Hope you and yours stay safe. Same wishes to everyone during these times. Courses were recently allowed to open around here, but with many understandable restrictions. I took the 54 Spaldings and my toddler to the par 3 last weekend and we had a blast.

k2baloo

Return to Birdies and Bogeys!